CSBG provided us with funding to provide back to school items, as well diapers, pull-ups, and wipes, to low-income families throughout Broome County. We have purchased 300 back packs full of school supplies for school-age children, as well as 150 packs of diapers, 150 packs of pull-ups, and wipes. The following is the eligibility for the program:
- Family must be income eligible (Household Income at or below 125% of poverty)(I have attached the poverty guidelines for your reference)
- The individual applying for the school readiness program must be a resident of Broome County and provide documentation (i.e. birth certificate) of the children that are 18 or younger residing in the home. (See attached documentation list)
- Each household is limited to ONE book bag PER CHILD and ONE package of diapers OR pull-ups and wipes PER ELIGIBLE CHILD.
- OFB staff and their immediate family members are not eligible to apply for the program.
– Completion of OFB intake application
– Provide proof of income (see attached Required Documents)
– Form of Identification (see attached Required Documents)
– Any other documentation deemed necessary to provide proof that eligible for assistance
OFB will be accepting applications for this program on August 31, 2016 and September 1, 2016 from 8:30am to 4:30pm. We are hoping to distribute the diapers, wipes, and pull-ups at the time of application, however, the book bags will be distributed on a later date (Tentatively September 6, however this is subject to change based on availability and items being shipped). Our plan is to have the book bags distributed at OFB, as well as at the Head Start Centers. We would prefer that eligible families apply at OFB on the designated days, however, if a client is unable to come to the Main Office due to transportation issues, a Family Advocate (HS or Housing) may assist a client in completing the application and documentation and bringing it to the main office. This program is first come, first serve and once we have reached 300 eligible children, the program is completed. Applications will be available on the OFB website, as well as a link on Facebook, or an application can be completed on the designated days. Each client must have the proper documentation to be eligible for the back pack.